Hey, there I have come with an impressive guide on How to reset iPhone to factory default. At some point in time, every mobile user has to perform a factory reset at any time. The reason could be simple if you are facing any sought of issue, lags, or bugs, then you can perform a factory reset.
This process basically wipes all your data, and your phone becomes brand new as when you purchased the phone for the first time. If you are selling your iPhone or handing it over to someone else, it is necessary to wipe out all of the data of your iPhone.
Resetting iPhone to Factory default basically does remove everything from your iPhone and makes it like a new phone. So let’s start!
Before resetting the iPhone, I would suggest you backup your iPhone because if you don’t have the backup, you may lose your data.
In order to backup your iPhone follow the below steps:
How to Take Complete Backup on an iPhone?
- Go to settings, then tap on your Apple ID, which is at the top of the Settings page.
- Now tap on iCloud, and on the next page, scroll down until you find the iCloud backup.
- Tap on this, and if the backup option is not turned ON, simply toggle ON the backup button here.
- Under backup, tap on Back Up Now.
- This will basically start the backup process, but keep in mind, and this doesn’t happen instantly.
The automatic backup takes place when your iPhone is plugged in and connected with the WiFi connection. But the good thing is: you can also do it manually. But before that, let’s get back to the previous page.
- Here on the iCloud page, make sure to toggle ON iCloud for every app you want to back up.
- And once you have done that, proceed to the iCloud backup option.
- Here if you tap “Backup Now”.
- This will start the manual backup process.
- Alright, now the backup process has been started.
So in the meantime, let me tell you, the backup is crucial because this will allow you to restore your data into the new iPhone. And, once the backup has been completed, you can see it here as the last successful backup.
So now, we are ready to reset iPhone to Factory Default.
Steps to Factory Reset an iPhone
Step – 1: Go to the Settings and then General, scroll all the way down and tap Reset.
Step – 2: On the next page, you will get various resetting options like Reset all Settings. This is good if you want to keep the default settings for your iPhone.
But you are here to learn – resetting iPhone to factory default, so that won’t work.
Step – 3: We want to erase everything so we’ll select Erase all Content and Settings. Now, type in your passcode and then tap “Erase iPhone”.
Step – 4: Now, it’ll ask you to enter your Apple ID password. So enter your password and tap Erase.
Step – 5: This will take a few seconds to complete the process. And after that, when your phone will restart, it’ll be just like the brand new phone that you usually receive after unboxing.
Final Words: So, this is how you can reset the iPhone to factory default. I hope you found this guide helpful. If you get this type of tips and tricks tutorials, then make sure to let us know in the comments. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments below.
I’m Carson a Passionate techie. I am a full-stack Android Developer by profession. Worked for big companies like Tesla as a UX Designer. I have been writing articles for 8 years about Android Apps and Games.